Senior Scientist, Animal Sports Research
Salary: £28-£37,000 per annum, full benefits package (private medical and dental cover, contributory pension, 25 days AL, etc.)
Senior Scientist - this position has just become available with a leading international Science-based company, providing a range of contract analytical services. Primary testing activities include the analysis of drugs and substances prohibited in sport within a range of sample matrices, including biological samples (equine and canine) and complex nutritional supplements.
The role sits within a project based team, developing, validating and running a variety of analytical methods utilising techniques such as chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- Planning and conducting analytical work using appropriate techniques and in accord with the appropriate regulatory standards
- Development and validation of assays, including sample extraction, chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Analysis of samples using GC-MS and/or LC-MS techniques
- Critical assessment and interpretation of scientific data
- Production of scientific reports and peer-reviewed papers
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject
- A high level of scientific knowledge with practical experience of chromatography and mass spectrometry, including method development
- Previous laboratory experience
- History of publication within peer-reviewed journals, preferably as first author
- Good organisational skills with the ability to independently manage scientific projects
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like to hear more details, please do not hesitate to contact Tanya Georgieva on 01179309742 or