Senior Safety Assurance Engineer - Plymouth
A restructuring of the safety support and delivery function of an FTSE 100 Defence Organisation has created an exciting opportunity for a Senior Safety Assurance Engineer to be part of an effective assurance framework in support of the business.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows
- To provide all Business Units with assistance, support and guidance on matters of safety assurance and safety management.
- To provide an independent assurance function over customer contractual and regulatory requirements and activities conducted by the business.
- To implement and maintain a compliance framework (Q-Pulse) and a Business Management System for the business that meets and exceeds customer, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- To support the Safety Assurance Manager in the transformation of the Safety Management System in accordance with the agreed ConOps for SHE Assurance.
- To support the Safety Assurance Manager in the production of an annual assurance audit plan for operations.
- The Planning, preparation, conducting, reporting and follow-up of audits to assure compliance with the requirements of the Business Management System, ISO45001 and other regulatory and customer contractual requirements the organisation is required to comply with.
- To liaise with all levels of management across the organisation to establish their programmes of related work and timing of internal, external and supplier audit activities.
- To conduct reactive audits/investigations and risk assessments as directed by the Safety Assurance Manager.
- To liaise with and assist Regulators, Certification Bodies and customer representatives in the execution of their assessments/audits and the monitoring and verification of any resultant findings with the managers concerned.
- Undertake supplier assessments to determine their suitability / continued suitability for use on organisation contracts.
- To define all non-conformances' arising from internal audit and informing all managers concerned to enable corrective actions to be formulated, assessed, monitored, completed and verified within agreed timescales.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience
- Experience in safety or auditing.
- Familiarity with the H&S legislative framework and compliance requirements.
- Experience of developing structured compliance arrangements to meet statutory requirements.
- Experience in undertaking independent audits against recognised standards (preferred)
- Effective communicator and influencer
- Supportive team player
- Developed report-writing skills
- Minimum HNC in an engineering or technical subject (Essential)
- CMIOSH or under a programme of training to achieve that qualification (Essential)
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor qualified (Desirable)
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Benefits Package
- Work for a forward thinking and dynamic company
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775