Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Bristol
Are you looking to work within a dynamic and forward thinking company that is thriving in today's marketplace and who truly believe in the value of their employees?
A prestigious FTSE 100 defence company in Bristol have an opportunity for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer. The successful candidate will be working within a diverse team ensuring that appropriate QA requirements are communicated down the supply chain. As a senior member of staff within the QA Team you will be expected to create, plan and inspect Quality documentation.
This is a permanent, full time position.
- Review of contract Quality Requirements at or prior to contract award
- Communication of the project quality requirements to the project team, and educating the project team in the impact of the requirements.
- Creation of the required Project Quality documentation, Quality Plans, Inspection Plans etc.
- Review and approval of Quality related documents both internally and from the supply chain as required e.g. configuration management plans, supplier quality plans etc.
- Provide assistance in the generation of Project Plans and Documentation, e.g. Project Management Plans and Specifications.
- Assist Project Teams as nominated Quality representative with regards quality related matters and queries, including being the point of contact for customer quality assurance.
- Manage the Master Record Index for contractual documentation.
- Assist in process investigations and issues arising to reach a conclusion that may result in corrective and preventative action.
- Management and sign off of non-conformities, deviations and concessions. This is internal, supplier and customer facing.
- Undertake the customer facing role in all Quality matters relating to the project(s), including being the point of contact for customer (and government) quality assurance activities.
- Ensure the appropriate QA requirements are communicated down to the supply chain.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a highly regulated industry with familiar of the quality levels and disciplines required. Preferably from a Defence or Aerospace background.
- Knowledge and experience of Quality Management Systems (1809001, AQAP, AS9100, etc).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
- Good working knowledge of quality tools and problem solving techniques e.g. (pareto, FMEA,
5 why's, 8D, etc).
- ONC, HNC, NVQ Level 3 qualification and in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing or distribution based environment.
- ISO9001 Lead Auditor trained.
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Flexitime Scheme
- Training and Development programme
- On-site parking
- Flexible benefits
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775