Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Bristol
SQAE Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
A successful FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join an expanding team and work on a variety of interesting projects.
The department is responsible for 4 main Submarine WHLS (Weapon Handling Launch System) contracts across the UK and overseas. The successful candidate will be integrated within the project teams and will ensure that the projects are delivered on time and to a high quality standard. You will also representing the customer and will be responsible for ensuring the customers' needs are met. This may involve challenging the project team as and when required and being prepared to ask the right questions.
Additionally, you will be involved in defect and process investigations in order to understand where any failings lie and reach a conclusion that may result in corrective and preventative action.
Other tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Communication of the project quality requirements to the project team, and educating the project team in the impact of the requirements.
- Creation of the required Project Quality documentation, Quality Plans, Inspection Plans etc.
- Review and approval of Quality related documents both internally and from the supply chain as required e.g. configuration management plans, supplier quality plans etc.
- Provide assistance in the generation of Project Plans and Documentation, e.g. Project Management Plans and Specifications.
- Undertake assurance activities including regular review to ensure that the requirements of the contract continue to be met.
- Assist Project Teams as nominated Quality representative with regards quality related matters and queries, including being the point of contact for customer quality assurance.
- Management and sign off of non-conformities, deviations and concessions. This is internal, supplier and customer facing.
- Ensure the appropriate QA requirements are flowed down to the supply chain.
- Support the supply chain team in the selection of suppliers that are capable of achieving the quality requirements of the contracts.
- Assist/Lead supplier development activities within the supply chain.
Qualification in Quality Engineering - ideally HNC/ NVQ Level 3, will consider the right experience.
Lead Auditor - have experience as a lead auditor and completed a variety of audits, ideally ISO9001 Lead Auditor trained.
Engineering Background; practical experience of Quality Assurance in an engineering environment, preferably heavy or highly regulated industry, including supply chain functions. Will consider manufacturing or distribution experience within a bespoke industry. Defence or Aerospace background is highly desirable.
Quality Assurance Background; Practical experience of conducting audits and being in a QA position. Knowledge and experience of Quality Management Systems (1809001, AQAP, AS9100 etc) is desirable.
Proficient in MS Office applications
Ultimately, we are looking for a dynamic individual who is able to manage their own work load and be proactive in their tasking. You must be a confident with excellent interpersonal skills that has credibility with technical knowledge. You must be able to work with a variety of people and have the ability to educate on quality matters as well as understanding the customer requirements.
Salary: competitive + benefits
Hours: 37 hours, Mon-Fri
Security: Must be eligible for SC Clearance
Location: Bristol with occasional UK and overseas travel
Start Date: ASAP
If you feel like you possess the skills and knowledge of a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, then please apply to this job to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
Call on 01179 309 732