Senior Project Support Officer - Controls
Keynsham, nr Bristol
We are looking for an experienced project support specialist to join the UK's leading naval support business, providing through-life services and deep maintenance to the Royal Navy's major warships and nuclear-powered submarines.
As Senior Project Support Officer you will be providing Projects with Project Management advice to aid and enhance their delivery using Project Management best practice.
- Support the development of Project Control outputs that enable Project Managers to be held to account for delivery of their Project and Business commitments.
- Apply Earned Value Management methodology for the analysis of performance and provide guidance to the wider PMO. Identify deviations from baseline Project Control positions and recommend corrective actions where necessary.
- Monitor and control project information. Maintaining status of work activities in line with contracts and current policy and act as the main point of contact for the Work Breakdown Structure, specific activities and the provision of advice.
- Reporting, monitoring and control of Key Performance Indicators.
- Support the delivery of Project Control improvement activities across the organisation.
- HNC or degree qualified in a relevant discipline with some relevant experience or ONC/OND qualified with significant relevant experience.
- Association for Project Management Introductory Certificate (APM IC).
- A capable Project Manager - to ensure the in-service submarine elements of Platform Engineering Team are delivered to the agreed schedule, budget and quality parameters.
- A competent and effective people manager - Able to motivate, nurture and coach staff, ensuring the smooth operation of the engineering function and facilitating their continued development.
- Experience in Business Transformation and Change Management - required for supporting the growth in Platform Engineering capability, as well as further integrating the engineering function across the delivery business.
This is an opportunity to be involved in exciting and high profile programmes regarding the UK's in service submarines and warships.
Please apply within!