The world's leading Information Intelligence and a global leader in the Financial world are looking for an established Senior Project Manager with a background in Legal and Financial Projects to join their Elite team and work with some of the world's leading Legal and Financial organisations. The role will mainly be based from home but includes occasional travel to client site (mostly London based).
The role will build strong customer relationships with key individuals and teams across Elite and our client. The Senior Project Manager is accountable for definition and execution of projects that deliver specific and agreed business benefits and will provide leadership throughout the project life-cycle to the project team. They will ensure that team members are motivated, develop their skills and experience and are effective as a team.
* Defines, documents and delivers projects within business engagement, content and client support group
* Actively participates in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
* Champions the Elite Project Quality Methodology to ensure there is an effective, representative and accurate business steer for the active elements of the project (i.e. ensuring project governance is put in place to support delivery of the strategy).
* Has effective control, leadership and responsibility for the defined scope of the Elite projects assigned to them
* Develops and leads the process for dealing with rapid major change.
* Ensures the communication channels and processes are in place to notify the relevant people so that plans can be amended, and the necessary action taken.
* Provides thought leadership on appropriateness of tools and process to project goals.
* Modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance.
* Plan and manage project activity to maximize commercial return for the company, ensuring a focus on minimizing lost and non-billable time.
* Ensure any change orders arising are discussed well in advance to ensure the customer's expectations are managed effectively, and that the Sales account manager is engaged.
* Ensure timely and accurate completion of all internal project management reports including milestone, backlog, status and other reports, as requested.
* Ensure accuracy in relation to recording of all time related to the project, and the accurate and timely billing of this to the customer.
* Manage your own time effectively to maximize utilization and to balance demands from multiple projects.
* Meet individual contributor targets for billable hours, utilization etc, as set from time to time.
* Solid knowledge, understanding and experience of a business operations environment
* Strong Leadership skills, with a demonstrable background of resource management, motivating and coaching.
* Client-facing consultancy experience with a blue-chip or professional services organization; ideally having law firm experience.
* Extensive demonstrable experience of delivery large scale projects through the full project lifecycle
* The applicant must be able to demonstrate depth of understanding of the application architecture, user process and workflows.
* Experience across the full software development lifecycle, preferably gained by having undertaken a multitude of project roles over their career.
* Ability to work in an environment of change and uncertainty with sound judgment under pressure
* Ability to manage a high volume of work and diverse range of projects and activities
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong influencing and negotiating skills
* Experience of managing small group of project managers, mentoring, performance management
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* PMP or Prince ii Certification (PMP preferred)