Job Title: Senior Programme Manager
Rate: Dependent on Experience
Industry: Air & Space - Defence
A great opportunity for a Senior Programme Manager has arisen working within the air & Defence Industry.
Key Experience Needed:
- Significant Programme & Change Management Experience
- Understanding of the Defence Industry
- Leadership across the PM discipline
- Drive and determination to achieve strategic benefits
- Broad and deep understanding of the PM discipline
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; and an ability to tailor your style to meeting/audience requirements
- Provide a supportive, but challenging, environment to PMs, ensuring timely, open and honest reporting and accurate forecasting
- Provide an environment of continuous improvement and development
Outline of duties:
To deliver a co-ordinated portfolio of projects and programmes, including related business as usual activities, to deliver agreed strategic benefits for the business.
- Define, articulate and realise strategic benefits
- Maintain focus on the delivery of agreed strategic benefits
- Monitoring projects against agreed targets for time, quality, cost, risks and issues
- Manage risks, issues and changes at the programme level
- Manage the interdependencies between projects, and between projects and business as usual
- Manage resources available to the programme and resource conflicts
- Ensure coherence across the projects within the programme area
- Develop and maintain a trusting and productive relationship with key stakeholders (such as Range Capability Managers, Facility Managers, etc)
- Act as Performance Manager for Project Managers within the team
- Improve the quality of Project Management (planning, forecasting and delivery to time, cost and quality)
- Proactive support to business improvement initiatives
- Proactive implementation of new corporate standards and toolsets
- Oversee the adherence to corporate standards and toolsets
- Assign Project Managers to Projects and issue appropriate Letters of Authority
- Authorise spend in line with the corporate financial delegations
- Monitor and authorise project progress through the lifecycle gates in line with corporate guidance.
For immediate consideration for this Senior Programme Manager Opportunity please contact Lottie Powell on 01179309760.