SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER
£500-600 Per day
6 months initially
The Product Design Team is growing. We are looking for a number of senior product designers to join our multi-disciplinary team, to work on professional financial & risk platforms, products and services across web, desktop and mobile.
We shape sophisticated financial data into strategies, tools and experiences that our customers need and value. Our users demand real-time content and tools so that they can do their job efficiently. We provide the products and services in the form of interactive data visualisations, experiences, language and workflows, bringing everything together within a unified framework for our customers.
Work alongside a Design Lead and other members of their design stream, following lean and agile product design methodologies
* Develop a deep understanding of our users, their needs, behaviours, desires, and bring that insight into the heart of all designs
* Follow best practice and relevant design methodologies and processes, working across all stages of the product lifecycle from discovery, through define and to build
* Create new and innovative design solutions that address the very particular needs of our users
* Refine and improve existing designs
* Demonstrate clear prioritisation and planning for activities to ensure timely delivery
Demonstrable experience working as part of a product design team performing all if not most of the above tasks
* Passion for a clean, cohesive and purposeful design
* The ability to translate high-level product requirements into experiences that our users deserve
* Comfortable with embracing our Halo design system in everything you do, both using and contributing to its evolution
* Strong design, collaboration and communication skills with evidence of leadership as a senior product designer and also able to contribute at a team level
A degree in a relevant subject, or can show how you've built up your experience and skills over time 'on-the-job'
* Knowledge of professional financial design is a bonus, but you will be able to demonstrate hands-on experience of crafting successful user experiences that met business and user needs for complex domains
Collaboration is extremely important to us, so we look for learning and teaching opportunities with design colleagues and our Product Management and Engineering partners. We believe that all design disciplines should bring all their experiences, knowledge and skills to contribute across the whole design process and not be siloed within a single portion. And beyond all of that, we want everyone in the team to have fun and a shared sense of achievement and success.
Finally, we would love to see examples of your own work; explorations, workflows, personas, opportunities and final designs. Whilst we are interested in the final outcome, we are most interested to know how you got there and how you knew it was, or wasn't a success. We want to hear how you tackled actual examples of complex challenges or briefs, how you evaluated your performance, what did you learn, and what you did differently next time