SENIOR PROBLEM MANAGER, LIVE SERVICES, HOLISTIC PROBLEM ANALYSIS, PROBLEM INVESTIGATIONS
£39,333 - £45,232 + benefits
All candidates must be willing to go through Security Clearance to SC level.
An exciting new opportunity has developed to join the Home Office as a Senior Problem Manager. The post holder will be working within the Live Services department, providing high quality IT services to Home Office Technology customers.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Support the Head of HO DDaT Service Integrator Problem Management in the development and ongoing operation of the HO DDaT Service Integrator Problem Management team
- Assist in the definition of the HO DDaT Problem Management methodology, policies, processes, operational templates and working practices aligned with the industry best practice framework (ITIL)
- Promote Problem Management understanding across the Home Office
- Actively undertake proactive holistic problem analysis (cross business portfolio / service provider /IT) to identify trends and patterns of failure resulting in priority focus activity
- Develop strong working relationships with other Problem Management teams (Strategic Service Desk and Service Provider Problem Management team)
- Provide priorities, guidance and support to the Strategic Service Desk and Service Provider Problem Management teams during the undertaking of problem investigations (technical, process and systematic root causes)
- Act as the point of escalation for the Strategic Service Desk Problem Management team
- Act as an escalation point for service related matters, negotiating and managing conflict as necessary with suppliers, stakeholders and customers.
- Ensure customers obtain the best possible availability and performance from HO DDaT delivered services through effective and efficient management of service affecting incidents whether provided by internal or external service providers.
- Ensure the continuous review of services and service affecting incidents to formulate improvements and remediation activities to enhance services and provide additional value to customers.
- Continuously review services against SLAs to ensure they either meet or exceed performance targets and any potential conflicts or risks are understood and mitigated.
- Support service reviews and operational review meetings with suppliers (internal and external), whilst developing and maintaining effective service line supplier relationships.
- Drive continual service improvements through the measurement and challenge of services and processes, tools and capability as part of Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) plan. Promote
- CSI to all stakeholders engaged in the consumption and provision of the end-to-end service.
- Collate and maintain management and service performance information, on both a regular and ad-hoc basis, to deliver clear visibility of operational performance and enable overall service reporting.
- Identify and manage or escalate as appropriate service risks and issues in accordance with standard HO DDaT processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with HO DDaT, the wider Home Office and external stakeholders (customers, colleagues and suppliers).
- Ensure HO DDaT services are safe and secure. Highlight security vulnerabilities and work with partners to maintain a secure environment to protect our customers from threats either internal or external.
- Significant background working in problem and incident management within an IT environment
- Strong background working with 3rd party IT suppliers
- Demonstrable experience developing strong working relationships with other Problem Management teams (Strategic Service Desk and Service Provider Problem Management team)
- Previous experience providing priorities, guidance and support to the Strategic Service Desk and Service Provider Problem Management teams during the undertaking of problem investigations (technical, process and systematic root causes)
- Background ensuring the continuous review of services and service affecting incidents to formulate improvements
- ITIL Foundation - If candidates only possess this, ITIL Practitioner should be obtained in the first 12 months
- ITIL Intermediate Level - Problem Management
If you would like to discuss the position further, please feel free to call Ryan on 0161 924 3689