We are currently looking for a senior principle design engineer to work for our client in Bristol for an initial 9 months contract; the ideal candidate will be required to do the following.
* Managing design work in appropriate engineering disciplines.
* Executing duties in accordance with Company procedures for training, health and safety, personnel, quality and project requirements.
* Reviewing existing Company procedures and Project controls and identify new controls to provide improved quality assurance, and improved cost against deliverables.
* Acting as Design Authority for engineering aspects of our client's products.
* Authorising design documentation as required.
* Chairmanship of Design Reviews (of appropriate Categorisation) to identify best technical solution to fulfil Project objectives.
* Representing Group and/or Department as required.
* Managing design projects in accordance with Company Procedures.
* Managing work to time, cost and quality.
* Providing professional engineering support to surface ship, submarine, commercial and equipment projects.
* Providing business development support across our client's Design & Technology.
* Performance and management of system requirements, concept design and modelling.
* Ability to manage a team to interpret a design requirement and create a design solution.
* Acting as Independent Technical Assessor and performing Inter Department Checks, Concession Analysis, and the like.
* Preparation of Project and Department Plans and Tracking and Forecasting, Assistance in Preparation of Bids in related subjects,
* Recruitment and Management of staff at all appropriate levels.
* To behave at all times in a manner commensurate with that of a professional engineer.
* Manage staff as required in accordance with company and HR policies and procedures.
* Managing design teams involved in the preparation of technical aspects commercial tenders.
* Managing preparation of Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring design input.
* Acting as Design Manager responsible to Project Manager for Projects.
* Management of technical aspects of selecting sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Management of technical aspects of work carried out by sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Liaising with Project to resolve Project issues.
* Liaising with Production to resolve manufacturing problems.
* To actively seek and win work for the appropriate Discipline.
* Business Stream Directors and their Business Development Managers providing SQEP resource where possible.
* Appropriate Project Managers: for budgets, timescale and priorities.
* Design subcontractors: to ensure compliance with the Design Intent.
* Project and Production Teams: to resolve technical queries.
* Directly responsible to other PDEs or the Senior Operations Manager
Post Holder is authorised to:
* Manage the preparation, checking and authorising of design documentation.
* Represent our client's Design Authority when requested to do so.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Academic: It is essential that the post-holder has a minimum of a second class honours degree or comparable academic standard, in an appropriate discipline and should hold Chartered Engineer status via an appropriate Institution.
Experience: Demonstrable evidence of having worked in the field of the appropriate Discipline design, analysis and technical management at an appropriate level.