Senior Payroll Administrator
Portsmouth - PO6
We are looking to recruit a Senior Payroll Administrator to work as part of a large payroll team for the UKs leading engineering services organisation based out of their regional office in Portsmouth - PO6.
The organisation employs over 30,000 people in the UK and overseas, the Senior Payroll Administrator works as part of a team that ensure the timely and accurate payment of all payees on all occasions, maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Ideally we are looking at someone who wants to expand their Payroll knowledge and needs a challenging Role to fulfil their potential; we are willing to support the right candidate in achieving formal Payroll qualifications.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Efficient Maintenance of employee files.
- Timely/Accurate inputting of payroll related data. Including New Employee/Leaver Records.
- Accurate updating of staff records via the Company Payroll System
- Efficient Production and maintenance of weekly and monthly reports
- Accurate checking and reconciling of payroll reports before BACS run.
- Efficient transmission of correct BACS File for payments
- Accurate Monthly reconciliation for tax, NI and pension contributions.
- Timely Process of Correct Employee Payments.
- Efficient Recording and Monitoring of Employee's Absence, Sickness, Holiday and Unauthorised Absence.
- Calculate and Maintain Statutory and Company Maternity Pay Records.
- Accurate Input of Employee Tax & NIC Details.
- Calculate all Payments accurately and on time. Ensuring strict adherence to all Pay Schedules
- Efficiently answer employee enquiries, maintaining a high level of Customer Care in the process.
- Assist with Development of Administrators when required
- Provide effective cover for Payroll Manager where required.
Qualification and Experience:
- We are seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator with current Payroll experience
- Administration skills essential
- Good GCSEs in Maths & English or Equivalent
Technical & Specialist knowledge
- Excellent Microsoft Office IT skills
- Knowledge of payroll systems and the ability to learn new systems to a high level
- Able to gain MOD SC Clearance
The role will require the post holder to be flexible to incorporate strict Payroll Schedules. This will mean working late and working scheduled days off (alternate Fridays for Full-time) when required by the Head of Payroll. Hours are Monday to Friday 08:00 - 17:00
We offer a competitive starting salary of £23,000 per annum and benefits package including 25 days holiday entitlement plus public holidays, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme and a broad range of career opportunities.