Senior Oracle DBA
An exciting new role has become available working as a Senior Oracle DBA with one of our high profile clients in Telford.
About the role
The Oracle DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical RDBMS systems to ensure the availability and consistent performance of corporate applications.
- Manage databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems on both midrange systems and Virtual Machines.
- Configure and pro-actively maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Support development teams to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- A good knowledge of AIX and Linux operating systems running Oracle 11g through to 12c
- Experience in building virtual multi-tenant databases within a Linux platform including database patching via OEM
- A good knowledge of Oracle GRID Infrastructure including ASM plus Clusterware (CRS), GRID RAC and GRID Standalone.
- Oracle Certified Professional certification.
- Experience of configuring Oracle OEM Cloud Control
- Experience of cross-platform data migrations and upgrades involving large databases in excess of 1 TB.
- Experience working in a Devops or fast paced and evolving environment
If you wish to discuss this position further please contact Jonny Mills at Experis.