Location: South Dublin
Salary: €300 - €350e per day DOE - Negotiable
Contract Type: 12 Months
Start Date: Up to 1 Months' Notice Period Accommodated
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Our client a global technology giant is looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join their team based in South Dublin
Senior Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery.
- Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise.
- In-depth understanding of our client's goals, customer requirements and knowledge of competitor practices.
- Thorough understanding of our clients business priorities, strategy and direction.
- Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations.
- Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contribute to corporate goals and strategic intent.
- Opportunity/risk analyses
- Cost/benefit analyses
- Pricing models
- Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures.
- Adapts projects, programs or methods based on customer.
Senior Network Engineer Requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Cisco CCNP qualified, preferably Routing and Switching
- Possesses and routinely applies broad knowledge of network related processes and procedures to the completion of complex assignments.
- Possesses knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve most network related problems.
- Advanced knowledge of network performance, hardware and software.
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of highly complex problems.
- Ability to consistently apply broad knowledge of network administration to the diagnoses and resolution of network problems.
- Effective communication skills within and outside team.
- High level of documentation ability required
- Advanced knowledge of security issues and implications to network solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of network dynamic routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- Advanced knowledge of network WAN technologies - MPLS, VPLS, IP SLA
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Systems Products (routers and switches) and F5 load balancing and Force 10 and Dell Powerconnect products
- DNS & DHCP understanding, experience of BlueCat an advantage.
- Network Optimization knowledge, Silverpeak experience an advantage.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in monitoring tools along the lines of TCP decode and Sniffer TCP traces, Wireshark