Senior Management Accountant (interim)
£42000 Portsmouth - FTC to Feb 2017
We are looking to recruit a Senior Management Accountant to work on an interim basis for a FTSE100 support services organisation based in Portsmouth.
The role is working as part of their Skills & Learning business which supports organisations to get the best out of their people. They deliver a variety of different skills training to professionals such as RAF pilots, engineers, retailers, drivers, fire fighters, scientists, motor mechanics and careers teachers.
The role of the Senior Management Accountant will be to support the Business Operations Teams with appropriate financial information to enable the business to make effective decisions and deliver on their contracts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the monthly accounts analysis and business review packs in line with agreed business timescales
- Provide high level financial support to the Operational Management Teams
- Use financial information to constructively challenge business activity in order to increase profits and improve efficiencies
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and assist with the preparation of strategic business plans
- Ensure financial dashboards are current and relevant to the business
- Participate in business and contract reviews
- Balance sheet management and control and the production of monthly management packs with commentary
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Accountant ACCA/CIMA/ACA or Finalist with strong commercial experience
- Experience in a commercial environment ideally within a large business
- Strong IT and data modelling skills
- Experience of Navision (desirable but not essential)
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
The role is offered on a full time (37hours) fixed term contract until February 2016, £42,000 salary. Available for an immediate start.