Senior SHEQ Business Partner - £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits - FTSE 100 Organiation
I am recruiting on behalf of a FTSE 100 Engineering Organization and a true market leader within engineering support services. This particular role functions within their critical services division, supporting key contracts with the MET police, LFB and major airports.
The SHEQ Business Partner will provide strategic leadership and play a pivotal role in maintaining and improving the safety and resilience of the day to day operations of the business. Working alongside other SHEQ professionals you will set the standards and bring consistency for information assurance, quality, wellbeing as well as relevant health, safety and environmental matters.
Main Purpose of Role
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally providing regular SHEQS briefings and understanding operational challenges and risks that impact SHEQ risk management strategy. Provide direction, guidance, coaching to foster a collaborative working ethos across the business.
- Manage direct line reports, providing direction, guidance, coaching to foster a collaborative working ethos across the wider team.
- Determine the VFL strategy for the senior management team to deliver; capture the data, learning feedback; manage and execute the reporting and sharing
- Develop strategies to promote positive safety and security culture from the top down and support to line managers to implement; develop and implement safety "just culture"; promotion of "catching people doing things right".
- Determine business unit SHEQS risks and priorities in alignment with the company's business strategy; develop strategies and business owners to address these risks; agree & support the delivery of the SHEQS priorities and strategies with the owners; support strategic and business SHEQS risk with expert knowledge and counsel working closely across SSD SHEQ function to drive consistency.
- Support line managers and oversee event investigation, evidence gathering reports and upload of information into the company incident reporting system e.g. Airsweb; lead serious/more complex events with support from line managers; manage and execute internal and external reporting, performance management and escalation requirements;.
- Lead the sharing of learning from experience, alerts, and workshop safety standard implementation across the Fleet business
- Oversight of quality control manufacturing and production processes to ensure they meet the required international and national standards, as well as our own specifications.
- Health and safety leadership experience
- Experience with implementing, maintaining and auditing: ISO 9001, BSI ISO 14001 and BSI OHSAS 18001
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation at a senior level and make a notable difference to the SHEQ function. If you are a high calibre, career focused SHEQ professional and would like to know more, please get in touch for a confidential discussion. or 0117 9309 726