Senior GNSS Engineer (Secured Navigation)
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, UP TO £60K, WORCESTERSHIRE
Due to a growing team there are vacancies for 2 Senior GNSS/Navigation Engineers to join a Global Defence Technology & Security Organisation, within their Cyber Security business.
- Lead/contribute to all stages in the delivery of customer focused research, development, consultancy and product support activities in the field of Secured Navigation.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on GNSS aspects.
- Interact with and lead Subject Matter Experts working in multi disciplinary, multi nation teams to deliver R&D, product and consultancy outputs.
- Responsible to the Secured Navigation Integrated Delivery Team Lead and Secured Navigation Chief Engineer for GNSS technical support to projects.
- Deliver high quality designs & reports which focus on customer problems and solutions.
- Represent the business in multi-nation consortiums to European and UK customers, as required.
- Contribute to (or lead) the development of proposals in response to requests from customers and consortium partners.
- Rapid learning and consideration of the technical, security, and political landscape.
- Working in multi-nation consortia for a broad range of customers.
- Communicating ideas with multiple stakeholders and customers, at all levels, technical, non-technical and management.
- Able to identify, capture and drive forward innovative GNSS solutions.
- Good degree in a science, engineering or maths subject or equivalent directly applicable experience
- Knowledge and experience of GNSS technology, particularly Galileo and GPS.
- Proven experience of working in a GNSS related role.
- Proven ability to interpret customer requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Requirements capture, design and implementation.
- Proven ability to work across a broad spread of technical and project domains, understanding and shaping both the "big picture" and technical details.
- Proven ability to engage with other technical experts and incorporate their input into broader technical solutions.
Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills
- Able to oversee and lead subcontractors.
- Proven experience of working in a complex security domain.
The successful candidates will need to undergo Ministry of Defence security clearance to SC level and ideally you will be happy to go to DV in the future. Due to the nature of the projects and systems you have access to, you will also need to be a British citizen to be considered.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming the Senior GNSS/Navigation Engineer that we need and you meet the specification requirements, apply online today to be considered for an interview!