Senior Engineer - Marine Technology
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Engineer within our client's Business Improvement Team.
To manage, organise, implement and deliver a coherent portfolio of focused efficiency and effectiveness improvements to the Engineering Outputs (e.g. hull & system surveillance requirements) delivered by the Submarine Platform Engineering Team.
Perform comprehensive requirements capture and data analysis to baseline, measure and track the internal and enabled benefits that may be realised from the efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Be a competent Project Manager with demonstrable experience of delivering projects to the prescribed time, cost and quality targets by effectively using the resources available.
- Have a good knowledge of project management techniques and activities.
- Have a good working knowledge of Project Management and IT tools (especially MS Excel, MS Word & MS Project).
Key Behavioral competencies
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels including Senior Management.
- Be a proactive, enthusiastic and forward thinking individual.
- Be an excellent team player who develops effective working relationships.
- Be a self-starter who is able to get up to speed quickly with little direction and manage their own work.
- Have a background in engineering or change management and experience of Submarine Support activities and processes is desirable
- Have a minimum of ONC or equivalent qualification in an engineering or project/change management discipline.
- Have attained the Introductory Certificate: The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification or equivalent project management qualification.
- A second class degree or equivalent in an engineering or project/change management discipline.
- Have attained the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification or equivalent project management qualification.