Senior Electrical Design Engineer
6 Month Contract
* Providing design support in appropriate Discipline.
* Preparing and checking design documentation as required.
* Authorising design documentation as directed by Supervisor.
* Preparing Design Reviews
* Representing Group and/or Department as directed by Supervisor.
* Management of design teams as assigned by Supervisor.
* Supervising, planning and controlling work to time, cost and quality.
* Providing engineering support to surface ship, submarine, commercial and equipment projects.
* Undertake system requirements capture, concept design and modelling.
* Undertake the interpretation of a design requirement into an achievable design solution.
* Managing of Design teams involved in the preparation of Commercial tenders.
* Preparing Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring design input.
* Acting as Project Design Manager responsible to Project Manager for Projects.
* Providing technical recommendations for selecting sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Providing liaison/management of technical aspects of work carried out by sub-contractors
* Liaising with Project to resolve Project issues.
* Liaising with Production to resolve manufacturing problems.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Demonstrable evidence of having worked in the field of the appropriate Discipline design, analysis and technical management at an appropriate level.
Degree in electrical engineering discipline
Electrical detailed design experience
Autocad software skills
Power systems experience
Marine electical experience
Please contact Lottie Powell on 01179309760 for more information.