Senior Developer - Messaging
Telford - Up to £52,387, depending on skills and experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join HMRC's Messaging Delivery Group, where you will be working across one of the biggest IT estates in Europe and supporting a large scale and radical transformation that will have a profound impact for both the customers and the staff of HMRC
This is a unique challenge for an experienced developer to transform HMRC's Integration Platforms during a time of significant change and transformation as HMRC drives the focus of IT delivery away from product centric solutions and fully exploits the opportunities that Digital Services and Data Analytics can provide.
About The Role
This is a hands on developer role. The successful candidate will lead a team of developers to design, develop, test, and support outstanding Middleware and Messaging services to meet customers' requirements. You may be required to provide out of hours support for the delivery and support of our services. With responsibility for ensuring services are robust, scalable and secure and supporting our aims of driving for a culture of continuous service improvement. Working with the Messaging Solutions Architects and Development and Delivery Leads, the Senior Developer will assure that teams deliver quality solutions, following established process and best practice.
Key skills and experience required
You will need to demonstrate within your application the following essential experience
- Proven experience in Systems design and development with the ability to design, build, test and run Middleware / Messaging services that are scalable, robust and secure
- Solid understanding and practical experience of development concepts including SDLC, SOA, TDD and Agile development techniques
- Experience of leading and managing a team of developers and providing coaching and mentoring to enhance their development
- Experience of modern 4GL programming language;
- Web Services - REST/SOAP
- Payload transformation - XML, JSON, XSLT
- Micro Service Architectures design / development;
- Environment virtualisation, deployment and testing automation
- Re-usable API design
Selection process details
An initial sift of your CV will be conducted against the Essential Criteria. If your CV demonstrates experience of these essential criteria you will be contacted to arrange a telephone based screen. The telephone screen will further assess your experience against the Essential Criteria and will be carried out by Experis at a time to be agreed with you. If you successfully complete this stage of the process your application will be progressed to the next stage. The applicants with the best skills and experience will be invited to interview, where you will be required to provide evidence as to how you meet the above competencies and technical requirements. Interviews may include an additional assessment exercise or presentation exercise. Please note that your CV MUST demonstrate evidence of the Essential Criteria for you to be progressed to telephone screen and beyond.