Senior Designer - Hammersmith
Our client, a media giant, is currently looking to hire a Senior Designer, working for our client's new site in Hammersmith.
We are looking for experienced, highly talented and engaging designers with experience. Designers with both UI and UX experience, who have been there and done it before, with stories to tell of the triumphs and scars to show of the failures.
You'll be continually learning with a grasp of what's best practice and great to use now and what's on the horizon. You'll work closely with our Product and Development departments and help them to shape the experience we provide to customers. You're an expert at designing and building great experiences for mobile devices and desktop, but think mobile first. A strong communicator, you're happy to present ideas, knowledge, and vision to the team and wider business, while remaining a champion of the customer.
You're accomplished in all the standard software packages that a designer needs to get the job done. You've got a varied toolbox to select from, whether it be sketching out ideas or user flows, wire-framing layouts, to prototyping and creating concepts using the latest front-end development technologies.
You'll work closely with Product Owners to drive the vision of a customer experience; ensuring we deliver an engaging, simple, easy to use and creative app or site.
Skills and experience required:
A portfolio you're proud of that demonstrates strong UI and visual design skills
- Experience of designing for mobile, tablet and desktop platforms
- You're a passionate designer with a track record of designing compelling user experiences with a comprehensive understanding of user behaviours
- Experience designing and working to deadlines at consumer-focused tech or media companies
- Evidence of working to brand guidelines, but also willing to innovate on and challenge these
- Excellent communicator, skilled in explaining and defending your work when required; showing confidence in your own abilities and ideas
- A conceptual thinker with an aptitude for sharing and learning new skills
- Experience working in a collaborative, small but agile team and working with developers to facilitate the implementation of your designs
- A hard-working 'can do' attitude with an appreciation of team camaraderie
- Knowledge of animations desirable
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please don't hesitate to forward me your CV so that we can get in contact about current and future opportunities at Experis. Applicants should submit their CV at the first instance.