Senior Data Scientist - £70-09k - London
We serve around 24 million customers and manage assets over hundreds of millions of pounds. We are listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
Our strategy & capital markets team is designed to create sustainable economic value for our customers and our shareholders.
It is focused on three long-term opportunities:
- The significant protection gap in Asia;
- The transition of US baby boomers into retirement; and
- The UK 'savings gap' and ageing population in need of returns and income.
Background and Purpose:
Its primary objectives are:
- Strategy Development: Work closely with Group and Business Unit Management in the development of the Group's strategy and assessment of strategic options.
- Market Intelligence: Maintain awareness of competitor and industry developments and assess long-term trends, providing insight to Group Head Office and Business Unit teams.
- Corporate Development: Manage Group M&A, Joint Venture projects and new market development, and assist Business Units with their M&A and Joint Venture deals.
- CEO Office engagement: Provide insight and assistance to the Group CEO.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a newly formed strategy analytics team to undertake the below responsibilities:
- Use structured and unstructured data to understand and predict consumer demand
- Execute economic and consumer analysis applying an understanding of appropriate quantitative techniques and modelling of innovative economic indicators while ensuring delivery within agreed timeframes.
- Communicate the results of the work appropriately to key stakeholders and collaborate with the Group Strategy team to interpret the results and apply to the strategic objectives.
- Fulfil requirements for ad-hoc analysis and project work as required.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of (big-) data modelling and forecasting techniques. This role will ustilize a lot of Machine Learning.
- Experience of relational databases.
- Some knowledge of economic processes and indicators.
- Experience with time series and/or panel data analysis, preferably for high dimensional data.
- Experience of analytics platforms such as R, Python, VBA, SQL and/or SAP HANA.
- Experience with web-scraping, sentiment analysis or machine learning techniques preferred.
- Experience in building bespoke interactive data interfaces, such apps, is advantageous
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience in building bespoke models and visualizations to generate insights from big data.
- Degree and/or relevant professional qualification and/or relevant consulting or industry expertise.
- Experience of Business Strategy.
- Experience within the Financial Services Industry preferred.
- As this is a new team with evolving requirements the Candidate must have the experience and confidence to assist in the shaping of the objectives anddeliverables by:
- Researching, developing and recommending work that supports the overall aims and objectives of the team;
- Working proactively and collaboratively to identify and overcome blockages;
- Having confidence and credibility in a dynamic high-profile environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, facilitating effective communication to all levels of management
- Professional demeanour
- Excellent sense of organisation, initiative and prioritisation of objectives, with the ability to balance multiple projects and other responsibilities.
Please apply now or email with your CV. I look forward to your application!