Senior Communications Engineer / Communications Engineer / Comms Engineer / Communications Installer / Installation Engineer / Cabling Engineer
Job title: Senior Communication Engineer
Travel: 30% - vehicle provided - valid, clean UK Driving licence a must
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Job description/Person specification: Specific Responsibilities
Based from our Farnborough site, the Field Services Senior Communications Engineer will:
* Planning and organising schedule of works
* Point of escalation for communications related tasks
* Provide field infrastructure support, provide new infrastructure installations, moves, adds and changes to data/voice network to meet agreed Service Levels.
* Provide field break/fix maintenance to the data/voice network/infrastructure.
* Provide support services for projects. This role is primarily based at Farnborough, but working away at other remote sites will be required as requirements dictate.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required
* Configuration of network attached equipment
* Cat 5/6 cabling, termination and testing
* Krone voice terminations and testing
* Coaxial cabling, termination and testing
* Fibre optic cabling, termination and testing
* Audio Visual cabling, termination and testing
* Knowledge of IP CCTV systems
* Knowledge of AV & VC equipment
* Voice/data networking fault resolution
* Electrical systems
* Preparation of Risk assessments and Method statements
* Preparation of customer estimates
* Manual handling
* Understanding of networking infrastructures
* Fault diagnosis/repair of cabling infrastructures
* Installations of Tray/Basket work
* Installations of PVC & Metal Conduit & Trunking
* Delivering to tight time-scales
* Ownership of Tickets related to communications faults
* Carry out surveys for new installations
* Carry out installations of passive cabling & infrastructure containment.
* Carry out field support for project services.
* Carry out field data/voice cabinet construction
* Working with, and in some cases supervising sub-contractors, as required
* Ensure configuration management is maintained.
* Carry out field Installation Moves And Changes (IMACS) of the voice/data network.
* Work on IP CCTV & Alarm integration's
* Health and Safety of team and self.
* To maintain effective working relationships with on-site operational teams and contractors.
* To undertake other duties as directed by the Team Lead.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation
* Self motivated
* Security clearance SC Required
* Full driving license
* ITIL V3 Foundation
* Microsoft office suite
If you feel you have the required skills to fulfil this role, please apply direct or to myself through or call me to discuss further on 01619241387