Senior Commercial Officer
£40k plus package
Keynsham nr Bristol
Experis are recruiting on behalf of our Client a leading Engineering Support Services business for an experienced Commercial Officer to join their team in Keynsham, to provide commercial support and guidance to key submarine business contracts and opportunities across a number of critical programmes.
This includes working with the MOD to understand their requirements and developing commercial models to fit the respective opportunities.
The main responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- To secure work with acceptable terms by undertaking the preparation of commercial elements for tenders, tasking forms, contracts and amendments (as may be applicable) together with negotiation of prime and sub contracts.
- Liaison with project teams and provision of commercial advice with regard to prime and where necessary sub contract issues including their reporting and management (where possible) during contract execution.
- To provide and maintain the commercial point of contact to the customer(s) together with the provision of commercial input and advice at customer meetings.
- Contracts range in value from £000's up to £m's and will either be responsible for, or, supporting on these depending on value
- Good knowledge of MoD terms and conditions of contract and the defence environment.
- To support the development of pricing, cash flow and payment models with internal and external stakeholders.
- Will be involved in full lifecycle of contract from bidding/PQQ/tender acceptance through to delivery
- Will be working in a close knit team so will need to be a 'team player' but also have the ability to work autonomously
- Working with technical, quality, finance teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience:
- A self-motivator with excellent analytical and good organisational skills
- The ability to develop and manage a range of agreements including prime and subcontracts, confidentiality and teaming agreements.
- The ability to draft and negotiate prime and sub contracts giving due consideration to different terms and conditions and their implications.
- An understanding of key commercial pricing models, cash flows and payment plans.
- The confidence to make a decision based on the information they have or after consultation with others
- Explores requirements with practical solutions for customers
- Effective management of conflicting priorities within own role, adapting to changes in workload or business priorities
- Presentation of well structured, concise and clear written and verbal communications
- Improves the way they and the team work and/ or behaviours including proposing improvements to departmental policy, procedures and systems/processes
- Demonstrates compliance with company processes and practices and supports others to do so
- To have an understanding of Trade Controls compliance and provide export/import advice for military and/or dual use products, services and/or technology to ensure compliance with trade legislation and regulations
- Interact and communicate effectively with all other functions, e.g. Project, Finance, Quality, Supply Chain, Technical
Due to the nature of the role, we would expect the successful candidate to hold a valid UK Driving Licence. The business will support with travel in terms of providing transport.
Degree qualified or equivalent experience in a commercial / legal or related role, ideally in the defence industry
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
Description of Location
This role is based in Keynsham, which is situated between Bristol (5 miles) and Bath (7 miles).
If you feel you meet the above criteria and have a proven track record within Commercial Officer roles then I would like to hear from you. Please apply online or send your CV or contact me on 0131 558 4809 for further information.