Senior Combat Systems Engineer - Bristol - Salary Negotiable
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for a Senior Combat Systems Engineer to take on permanent positions ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The successful candidate will be working for the UK's largest engineering support services business on the world's most significant marine projects - from commercial vessels to the submarines and frigates of The Royal Navy. This is an exciting world and opportunities for career advancement are unrivalled.
This section of the organisation provide leading technical services consultancy in the areas of naval architecture, marine, system engineering, electrical engineering design and project support services to the offshore, marine and defence markets worldwide. Within this business unit, Naval Engineering have vast experience in engineering, construction, concept design and through life support for a wide range of front line naval and auxiliary support vessels. The opportunity offers the chance to work on interesting and varied design and engineering projects supporting defence and commercial clients in the UK and internationally.
Continued business growth provides great opportunities for career progression and development. The based Bristol office is involved with a variation of concept designs, completing feasibility studies and pre-concept designs for future warships and concept design for overseas customers ranging from 30m to 250m. In the Naval market they provide concept through to production design for a variety of Offshore Patrol Vessels, Naval warships, submarines and support vessels. Experience of whole boat concept/feasibility design; understanding and preferably experience of developing feasibility designs into production ready deliverables is required.
Working for this company will give you the opportunity to develop your career, with fantastic prospects for career progression, along with the ability to develop skills and knowledge.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Develop unambiguous statement of requirements from Customer requirements
- Objectively assess different design options
- Produce design documentation in support of project lifecycle
- Preparing and checking design documentation as required to time, cost and quality
- Authorisation of design documentation as directed by Line Manager
- Substantiation of design against requirements
- Chair and/or contribute to Design Reviews
- Specification, selection and/or management of external suppliers (component and service) as required
- Provide practical engineering solutions to problems discovered during design implementation
- Lead bid responses
- Representing Group and/or Department as required
- Lead a multi discipline engineering and design teams to time, cost and quality
- Contribute to new and existing processes and procedures, across health and safety, and engineering
- Train and develop self and others
The successful candidate will display the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Practical knowledge and experience within Combat System Engineering.
- Ability to work within complex multi discipline teams
- Produce unambiguous statement of requirements
- Development of design solutions, substantiated against statement of requirement
- Experience of design approaches throughout the project lifecycle
- Ability to objectively assess different solutions against acceptance criteria
- IT capable; Office, CAD, appropriate analytical software
- Experience of working in a design engineering environment post qualifications
- A working knowledge of legislation, standards and regulations applicable to their discipline
- Knowledge of Company engineering processes and procedures across the design lifecycle
- Understanding of Ministry of Defence working practices
- Continual Professional Development of self and others within discipline and industry
- Good verbal communication skills; chair meetings, facilitate technical discussion at meetings
- Good written communication skills; production of unambiguous technical documentation, written communication with Customers and Suppliers, contract specifications, papers and technical articles
- Ensure the health and safety of self and others
- Team player, building effective working relationships
- Engineering degree or comparable academic standard, in relevant discipline
- To hold or be eligible to hold, Chartered Engineer status
- Membership of relevant professional engineering body
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 930 9775