Senior Business Development Manager (Defence)
PERMANENT, UP TO £67,000 + BENEFITS
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading Defence Technology & Security Organisation. You will be based onsite in one of the following locations; Farnborough, Bristol, or Salisbury.
To win business in a particular delivery stream maximising deliverability and profitability at business unit level and across the organisation, where required.
Day to day
- Identify and develop new business propositions.
* Maximise deliverability and profitability of sales within business unit for a major client or group of clients. Sales target will typically exceed £5M.
* Accountable for personal and team sales progression of business unit portfolio of major opportunities (typically including >£2M deals) into client(s).
* Work collaboratively with wider sales teams to support and project manage cross sales team initiatives.
* To balance effort and focus in a matrix based sales organisation
* Leadership and progression of a portfolio of opportunities or accounts. Typically greater than £20M.
* Leading and wining major business - changing deals.
* Support the growth and development of the sales in a delivery stream ensuring ability to achieve on promise.
* Ensure that your own performance positively impacts the performance of the wider sales and delivery teams.
* To manage internal and external stakeholders.
* To be a regular member of the Key Virtual Account Team to both disclose and escalate performance and issues to the KAM and shape opportunities which they are involved in.
* To demonstrate high value selling in all opportunities and activities.
* Development and delivery of the sales pipeline.
* To influence decisions through sound advice and judgement.
* Accurate forecasting and delivery of target.
* Previous demonstrable experience in a sales/account management role
* Excellent understanding of and ability to apply sales concepts, tools and principles
* Highly developed ability to effectively negotiate at a senior level both internally and externally
* Detailed knowledge of capabilities, skills and products offered at Business Unit level as well as a good understanding of company -wide capability
* Highly skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at senior levels
* Excellent knowledge of industry (MOD, Gov departments, DE&S etc)
* Good knowledge of other functional disciplines related to selling (e.g. finance)
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to be considered, apply online now! If your application is shortlisted, Paul Perkins (Recruiter) will call you to run through further details.