Senior Authorised Person - Scotland
The Senior Authorised Person would be based regionally to support a number of sites throughout Scotland.
The Senior AP would be responsible for driving improvement and standards to maintain the organisations Safe Systems of Work, including support to the Site AP's, Facility and Project teams with technical advice and guidance.
The SAP's will also support the following areas; electrical & mechanical quality compliance (including installation, Gas Safe, and management of fuelling systems), and apprentice mentoring.
- Lead the development of standards and application of safe systems within the area / region. But also support the SAP's in other regions
- Provide support to all AP's on all matters relating to the safe system of work. If required engage directly with the Authorising Engineer
- Manage succession training of prospective AP's, including; creating training and development plans, and continuous mentoring
- To assist sites with closing out actions and observations from audits
- Manage temporary and/or permanent demarcations where required within the business, long term and/or short term tenants
- To liaise with internal businesses to ensure the role of AP is undertaken consistently and offer assistance where required
- Plan resource and support needs across the estate, working and co-ordinating with the site management teams to ensure AP requirements are appropriately managed
- Manage and provide hands on assistance with the delivery of maintenance activities
- To be a direct link to Projects Team to advise where AP duties would be required as part of a project
- To drive technical standards, assist with site audits and technical support and maintain the appropriate levels of competence
- Maintaining the Safe Systems of Work (Functional responsibility for all AP's and RP's)(JSP 375)
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Current SAP Certificate in either HV/LV Electrical or Mechanical Systems
- Sound understanding of JSP375 and appointed / responsible person processes
- Engineering / Technical qualification: Apprenticeship or Education (in relevant discipline).
- Competent Microsoft Office Suite User
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Full clean driving licence
- IOSH / NEBOSH Qualification
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, apply online now.