The purpose of this job is to perform scientific test procedures on client samples and produce accurate results within an acceptable time frame using company procedures and also to be responsible for completion of the more technically challenging analysis. This person will also work to develop any ancillary procedures associated with the methods and technical systems used; ensuring customer samples are completed within their required specifications.
- To be constantly aware of customer's requirements and strive to meet those requirements keeping in mind the cycle is not complete until the customer has obtained their report.
- To perform non-routine tasks in the laboratory or perform the particular type(s) of analysis assigned to them, back filling for Analysts as required.
- To develop and validate new tests and procedures for the company and for clients.
- To complete specific technological projects and write the results of these projects accurately, confidentially and on time for customers.
- To sign all technical documents once training in this task is successfully completed. This includes laboratory reports, SOPs, protocols, investigation reports and any other documentation issued.
- To authorise customer work from Analysts once qualified to do so.
- To keep the laboratory area clean and tidy in both 'seen' and 'unseen' areas.
- To ensure that all documentation is completed on time, accurately and legibly.
- To keep their training records up to date and to initiate training where possible.
- To update any relevant documentation as required.
A degree in chemistry
5 years of experience in a GMP laboratory
Excellent experience of testing finished product using HPLC and ideally direct experience of high potency products.
Thorough technical knowledge of chromatographic instrumentation (e.g. HPLC, GC), UV/Vis and preferably dissolution.
Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
Good communication skills both internally and externally.
Ability to understand customers' requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.