Our Client is looking for a number of Network Engineers (Junior and Senior) to join their team in Telford on an initial 3 month contract
The ideal candidate will hold valid SC Clearance or be eligible to obtain it.
The Network Operations Centre consists of highly skilled network technicians and engineers responsible for all aspects of support for a complex central government network.
The main responsibility of a Network Engineer is to provide second and third line support on incidents, faults and problems that arise within the network infrastructure. The engineer will be responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents whilst liaising with internal technical towers, third parties, service management and the client.
- In depth knowledge and experience in Cisco environment
- Ideally CCNP qualified or similar qualifications on the above technologies
- Excellent experience of patching and upgrading processes.
- Experience of Monitoring and troubleshooting toolsets including protocol analysis
- Over 5 years' experience as a Network Engineer performing support or implementation activities on the above technologies
- Strong troubleshooting methodologies and Root Cause Analysis skills
- Experience of creating recovery, test and implementation plans.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Provide network operations incident management support for the network infrastructure and network services.
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting analysis, isolation and resolution of events and incidents
- Provide problem management and perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Write and carry out action plans for complex changes or incident resolutions.
- Upgrades, patching and general maintenance of the network device software in line with the maintenance strategy.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Receiving of new project implementations and designs in to live support.
- Technical Authority review of proposed changes to ensure quality and reduce risk.
- Review of network designs at the Design Authority Board to ensure they are supportable and within the defined standards.
- Contribute to the 24x7 Network On-call rota
- Develop and contribute to the training of junior staff
- Cisco networks, routing and switching
- Firewall technologies (Checkpoint/Fortinet/ASA)
- McAfee Web Gateway
- Bluecoat WAN Optimisation
- IBM IDS
- Aruba/HP Wireless/Wired technologies
- Cisco Load balancing
- F5 Big IP LTM, GTM Load balancers
- BMC Tooling
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.