Scrum Master - Agile, Scrum, XP, Kanban, SDLC, Project Management, Set top box or Interactive experience
6 Month Contract
Located in Osterley, West London
Fantastic Opportunity for an experienced Scrum Master to join one of the world's leading Media and Broadcast giants. Want to work for one of the most dynamic, creative environments in the world and become part of the entertainment and communications revolution?
The Scrum Master will be responsible for the rapid delivery of high quality, customer focused services to meet and exceed customer experience and usability requirements.
You will report to a Software Delivery Manager within the Interactive team delivering solutions for new and existing Interactive applications to enhance customer experience. You will be an experienced leader and a role model for Agile methodology, demonstrating the Agile values and principles in delivery, processes and actions. Applying a highly collaborative approach and leadership techniques you will facilitate the delivery of high-quality software product regularly, repeatedly and predictably through relentless focus on the customer (internal and external), business value and technical excellence.
You will lead and facilitate small cross-functional scrum teams that will be responsible for the client's platform and services. You will work closely with business product leads, analysts, architects and other scrum teams in order to bring new functionality and technical improvements to market in tight timescales and working with a wide range of technologies. You will be the key contact and representative in all aspects of our services. You'll have the chance to use cutting edge tools and technologies to create rich user experiences; all whilst working in an Agile environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
The client is looking for a Scrum Master who can apply and make decisions based on the best interest of the business rather than trying to fit the business around traditional Agile methodologies. You will be responsible for planning and overseeing a continuous stream of software delivery using Agile methods, implementing development best practices and applying project management skills. You will be an exceptional servant leader and role model within your team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions. Applying a highly collaborative approach and empowering your team you will facilitate the delivery of high-quality software regularly, repeatedly and predictably through focus on technical excellence, business value and the needs of the customer.
- Drive the day-to-day process of software product delivery using Agile development principles and practices
- Run daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings, showcases, and retrospectives.
- Ensure the team has everything it needs to do its job and remove any obstacles.
- Promote learning, experimentation and knowledge sharing and encourage creativity. Help the team to continuously improve their process and behaviour through regular reflection and adaptation.
- Be a constant source of information for your team, peers and stakeholders. Track agreed metrics on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Apply project management skills to help stakeholder deliver successful products.
- Help the Product lead with prioritisation and planning to the ensure return on investment is maximized and that regular releases achieve strategic goals that fulfil parts of the product vision.
- Ensure that the communication from the teams and projects is being pushed regularly to the stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to maintain a strategic product roadmap that identifies deliverables and milestones.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Certified Scrum Master with significant commercial experience in the use of Agile Scrum, Kanban and XP methodologies within the SDLC.
- Achieving successful software product delivery.
- Growing and facilitating highly motivated and capable teams to deliver innovative software products.
- Facilitation, participatory decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Light-touch leadership that employs a highly collaborative approach to guide people without controlling them but employing authority when the situation requires.
- Mentoring skills that demonstrate the agile values and principles in every thought and action.
- Helping teams and individuals become agile through care, consideration and collaboration while taking a pragmatic approach that will support delivery.
- Agile project management - experience managing work streams with external dependencies.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous technical experience in a development, test or analysis role.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Experience of Financial planning and forecasting.
- Experience of Media or Broadcast Industry.
- Experience of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.