Scrum Master (Software Development/Set Top Box/Middleware) - 6 month contract - West London
We have an exciting contract opportunity for a highly skilled Scrum Master with Software Development/Set Top Box/Middleware experience.
This role will see you supporting one of the largest Media and Broadcasting giants in the UK... This means unlike other contracts you will be working with cutting edge technology, a highly talented digital hub team and enjoy a 'start-up' feel.
Environment; Agile and Waterfall
Technologies; GIT, Jira, Confluence, Set Top Box and Software Development
Responsibilities & You;
- Primary interface for the development team to the programme and project managers. This involves:
- Understanding and communicating programme priorities to the team
- Attending project status meetings
- Proactively raising delivery issues and risks appropriately
- Co-ordinating work with other teams, inside and outside the business
Support the Middleware Development Manager and Middleware Technical Lead by:
- Co-ordinating and tracking the team's work
- Updating and maintaining the middleware backlog.
- Facilitating agile ceremonies such as sprint retrospectives, sprint planning and daily stand-ups
- Taking a pragmatic approach to aligning and interfacing with the different processes used across the wider development programme.
- Lead continuous improvement to processes and practices
Technical Skills and Experience:
Essential Requirements/ Skills:
- Broad knowledge of software development methodologies
- Experience of source control systems (the client uses GIT), bug tracking and Agile work tracking (the client uses JIRA and Confluence)
- Excellent people skills - can work with a diverse range of personalities
- Ability to manage multiple delivery streams simultaneously
- Genuine experience of working on large software development programmes.
- Able to represent the team robustly in programme level discussions.
Desirable Requirements/ Skills:
- Previous experience as a software developer
- Familiarity with embedded systems architectures and specifically Set Top Box software architectures
- Strong academic record demonstrating skills in Maths, Science and/or engineering
Location: West London
Duration: 6 months
If you want to be considered, call me directly to discuss or send over your most recent profile and contact details! OPPORTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED!!