Stealth Materials Scientist (Defence) - Farnborough
PERMANENT, £25-£40K (NEGOTIABLE)
MATERIALS SCIENCE, MATERIALS ENGINEERING, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY
A prestigious global Defence Technology & Security Organisation are currently recruiting X2 Stealth Materials Scientists to join their Maritime division.
You will be responsible for coordinating and conducting the development, design, analysis and installation of materials and structures relevant to stealth applications.
- Delivery of high quality analytical data analysis and interpretation to project leads/Customers.
- Coordination of programmes and technical staff to deliver high quality work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrating a good knowledge and comprehensive understanding of a range of processes and procedures in order to conduct technical and business tasks.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the underlying concepts/problems/solutions that are relevant to our customers, undertaking tasks where there are alternative solutions and identifying the best course of action from a range of alternatives.
- Evaluation and analysis of scientific information/data prior to its communication to internal and external customers via memos, reports and presentations.
- Demonstrating a proactive approach to customer relationships, the adoption of standards and internal processes. Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and work flow management
- Coordinating and organising increasingly complex teams to deliver quality programmes in a timely manner whilst balancing the demands of other tasks.
- Learning new practical skills and Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge through on-the-job training but also through experience developed via external training and attending internal/external meetings.
- Performing often complex experiments and obtaining reliable and traceable results, including running platform ranging trials.
These roles require an understanding of materials science or materials engineering but if you have qualifications in different disciplines but relevant experience, you will still be considered. Ideally you will be degree qualified in the following:
- A relevant scientific subject e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Materials Science etc.
We will consider graduates, so please apply if you have a relevant degree.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining a prestigious organisation as a Stealth Materials Scientist, apply online today!