To carry out scientific test procedures on client samples and produce accurate results within an acceptable time frame using company procedures and also to be responsible for completion of the more technically challenging analysis. This person will also work to develop any ancillary procedures associated with the methods and technical systems used; ensuring customer samples are completed within their required specifications.
This role includes an expectation that provided appropriate training has been provided and a suitable level of technical competency and knowledge has been achieved, the Scientist will support complex analytical testing and high knowledge projects. This may be achieved by performing additional duties or functions (e.g. data review) that will be commensurate with your training and skillset.
- This person will carry out the non-routine tasks in the laboratory or carry out the particular type(s) of analysis assigned to them, back filling for analysts as required.
- Responsible for developing and validating new tests and procedures for company and clients.
- Responsible for the completion of specific technological projects and writing up the results of these projects accurately, confidentially and on time for the clients.
- Scientists are permitted to sign all technical documents once their training in this task is successfully completed. This includes laboratory reports, SOPs, protocols, investigation reports and any other documentation issued.
- Responsible for signing out customer work from the analysts.
- Responsible for keeping the laboratory area clean and tidy in both 'seen' and 'unseen' areas.
- Responsible for updating any relevant documentation as required.
- Responsible for direct communication with clients in an appropriate manner.
- To liaise closely with the Section Manager to ensure that resources are available to guarantee that testing activities are completed to customer's timelines.
- Responsible for the review of test methods for quotation purposes.
A degree in chemistry
- 5 years' experience in a regulated laboratory environment or a Masters plus 3 years' experience
- Able to perform moderately complex and complex laboratory activities including method development, validation and data interpretation.