6 Months + Extensions
Would you like to join Europe's most popular broadcasting and media brands? Our client is looking for talented Scala Developer's with good commercial experience within Scala.
They're at the forefront of innovation whilst pushing boundaries and you'll be given the freedom and support you need to make an impact!
Scala Developer Requirements:
What you'll do:
- Deliver production-ready, tested software in small increments
- Take a proactive role on production issues and release management
- Support and maintain the live product (including first line support) along with the development team
- Collaborate with technical analysts and testers in the creation of backlog items, providing information such as cost estimates and technical risk
- Take an active role in story definition, working closely with testers and business stakeholders to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied
- Participate and lead when appropriate in daily stand-up meetings, reviews and retrospectives, contributing to the team's technical direction and the improvement of its tools and processes
What you'll bring:
- Solid commercial experience as a Scala developer
- Strong TDD/BDD and unit testing skills
- Strong experience of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong NFT testing skills with experience of Gatling
- Passion for Agile software delivery and pair programming best practices
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery practices
- Background in software development for high traffic, high availability large scale backend systems
- Background in monitoring tools such as Grafana/Prometheus etc
- Enthusiasm/aptitude for learning new skills and practices
You can also expect to work with loads of Java, Scrum, Kanban, RESTful Web Services/APIs, Extreme Programming (XP), Reactive Systems, Microservices Architecture, testing tools (ScalaTest) and mocking frameworks (Mockito), Cloud-Based Service Delivery, Akka, Spray, Play, Redis, Spring MVC, JPA, Hibernate, Architectural/Integration Design Patterns, Git, Unix/Linux, Cassandra, SQL and other NoSQL databases.
If you believe you'd be suited please submit your CV at the first instance.