Scala Developer - Akka - Play - Spray
3 - 6 month initial contract
As a Software Engineer, you will work within a Development team, and may be involved in development of new products and maintenance of existing products.
You should be capable of working across the lifecycle from Development through to Operations, configuring and installing products. Candidates must have the ability to pick up process, tools and products, and work in an Agile team to drive initial requirements into workable product sets.
- Agile based environment
- Background in other programming languages is benefical (e.g. Java, .Net etc)
- DevOps background or knowledge would also be beneficial
- Carrying out development activities
- Testing of products
- Assisting the team leader in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
- Carrying out operational activities
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
- Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.