Day rate: £620 p/d
Contract length: 6 months
Location/Remote details: Remote for now, but will be based in Telford
Start date: ASAP
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
You will be based on site working with one of the UK's most digital organisations and leading the technology revolution across the public sector. With over 50 million customers at the heart of everything they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they're not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
We're looking for people who challenge the status quo and are constantly looking to shape their working environment to make it an exciting, fun and interesting place to work.
Keeping things fresh is something we encourage in our working practices, but the culture of continuous improvement is equally as important in our technical approach to building and delivering modern digital services. As a valued team member, your knowledge and experiences will be used to change the way we build solutions including utilising new tools and technologies to solve new problems or improve existing services.
Working on our services means you'll have your own team, but you'll also be a part of a several communities spread over multiple sites. This means you'll always have people on hand to share and discuss ideas and get help when needed. Like your team, your communities are also self-sufficient, so if you want to change something it's within your power to do so.
What you will do
- Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards.
- Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose Assisting the Team Leader in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion.
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required.
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Team Leader, including negotiation with other teams as necessary.
Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary.
- Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records.
The experience and skills you need
- Scala/ Java / J2ee
- Oracle, NT
- DevOps experience
- BEA Weblogica
- Agile methods and tools
- Jira & Confluence
- Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
- Business Intelligence
- Data Modelling
- Awareness of Risk, Change & Problem Management
- Awareness of Configuration Management
If you're ready for your next career challenge and would make a great fit for this role, click the link to apply today.
At Experis, we're the global leader in professional IT resourcing and solutions, operating in more than 50 countries worldwide. Thanks to our expert industry knowledge, history of success and strong relationships with organisations large and small, we're perfectly placed to match specialist IT professionals into permanent and contract assignments.