SC Cleared Senior Linux DevOps Engineer
Duration: Initial 6 Months
Clearance Required: SC
My client is currently seeking an SC Cleared DevOps Engineer to join them on an initial 6 month contract basis in London. Due to the nature of the project it is essential candidates have valid SC Clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the change programme in IT Policing (TTP - Total Technology Policing) with a new team, Greenfield projects and an agile working environment which will change the face of London Policing. This is a very unique exciting opportunity to be part of the start of this project. This is a hands-on role in a demanding environment, with many opportunities to learn more about surrounding technologies (networks, security, mobile, agile DevOps toolsets, development standards) etc. This individual will also be part of a Technology Council which will set standards for technologies and strategies going forward.
The following would be must have for the role:
- At least 5 years hands on experience and proven track record with Linux from Infrastructure management (system administration - Ubuntu preferred, CentOS or Redhat), engineering through to architecture.
- Hands on experience and proven track record of on premise Virtualisation hosting platforms design, implementation and administration on at least two large scale projects with OpenStack being of huge benefit.
- Hands on experience and proven track record with CI Components, build and package management, quality assurance, automated testing and change control.
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience with open source SDLC toolset, including Atlassian toolset, Jira, Confluence, Stash/Git, Jenkins. Ability to communicate and assist developers and senior leadership with regards to future requirements and ongoing issues.
- Extensive proven hands on exposure to a variety of open source libraries and tools.
- Experience with Environment provisioning & software roll out using modern configuration and orchestration tools on complex environments - Puppet in particular, Heat advantageous.
- Experience of working on modern web and mobile application infrastructure.
- A programming background preferable Java, Ruby or Python.
- Effectively escalate & liaise with 3rd line support and/or customer until fault resolution.
The following would be nice to have for the role:
- GitHub account where previous work can be reviewed prior to an interview.
- Active contributor to community projects.
Please submit CV's in the first instance or contact Louise Butler to discuss further on 0161 924 3647