A SC Cleared Network Engineer is required by a prestigious organisation in their Portsmouth offices.
As the SC Cleared Network Engineer you will join a team of dedicated IT professionals to deliver new and exciting IT systems into the Defence environment. You will need in-depth experience of installing and configuring Cisco Routers and Switches, and ideally have experience of Firewall products and network virtualisation technologies (e.g. VMWare NSX). You will lead smaller tasks and take responsibility for the task's technical output. The applicant will work with the technical management team to identify resources required for the task and provide regular progress updates.
What's in it for the SC Cleared Network Engineer?
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Excellent Salary
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- Excellent Career Development opportunities
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the SC Cleared Network Engineer:
- Hold current or be eligible for SC clearance
- Practical experience in network design, implementation, configuration and testing (CCNA Qualified) - practical experience of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), compression and acceleration techniques
- Hold CCNA certification (Routing and switching / Security) and ideally hold CCNP
- Lead tasks to ensure delivered solution follow the defined design process and governance procedures and processes through design reviews
- Practical experience of routing protocols (OSPF), compression and acceleration techniques
- Specific skills in network security design, implementation, configuration and testing: Firewalls, Guards, Intrusion Detection, IPSec VPN, Computer / router IA lockdown, IP encryption, VOIP
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be willing to be available for out of hours work and on-call to maintain and minimize the risk of outages to business systems.
- Previous experience of working with a complex network infrastructure
- Willingness to travel within UK and potentially overseas - hold full clean drivers' licence
Desirable Skills for the SC Cleared Network Engineer:
- Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.
- F5 Big-IP
- Palo Alto
One of the UK leading partners in Intelligence and National Security, Science and Technology that works on cutting edge research projects. A global organisation primarily established in the UK and the US, currently growing in international markets. They provide a wide range of services, such as technical, scientific and engineering expertise. This particular site provides scientific research and development and applies this to the commercial world making it viable for sale.
Currently staffed with problem solvers and analytically minded individuals, they pride themselves on being able to think outside the box. Passionate about technology and actively self-learn outside of core working hours, they are seen as some of the best minds in the UK.
If you have the essential skills and you are a SC Cleared Network Engineer wanting to work for a company who invest in their technology and staff, then please apply via the link.