SC Cleared Commercial & Contracts Manager
3 Month Initial Contract - May Extend
Market Rates / Negotiable
My client is currently seeking a highly experienced Contracts / Commercial Manager to join their busy team. Due to the nature of the client the successful candidate will hold full SC clearance or be willing to undergo the process.
The key objectives of this role will be to:
- Acts as a dedicated Commercial and Contract Manager for a key (or number of smaller) UK&I Public Sector Account in line with the CCM Role Attributes detailed below;
- ensure that each commercial transaction maximises business benefit/gross margin whilst minimizing risk;
- ensure all transactions are contracted;
- ensure that all contracts are processed and secured in accordance with standard policies and processes. In particular, the individual will work with the Finance and Legal Depts to ensure adherence to broader finance, contractual and risk requirements and processes such as delegated authority matrices, standard terms and conditions, revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies etc;
- project manage, lead negotiations and coordinate the more complex sales transactions ensuring the business does not take excessive risk or contract on inappropriate legal or commercial terms;
- share knowledge, develop & grow commercial and contractual expertise both across and outside of the Public Sector Industry;
- manage and maintain commercial processes (Deal Review / Commercial Heatmaps etc);
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contract information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects;
- As needed, provide guidance on all contract matters to the Account General Manager, service managers, project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures;
- Develop and implement procedures for contractual governance and contract management and administration in compliance with client policies. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company / Customer policies;
- Monitor compliance with established procedures. Identify areas or recurrent pressure and develop repeatable transactions that can be used across UK&I Commercial and Contract Management teams;
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness;
- Monitor compliance with contractual obligations (e.g. milestones, deliverables, invoicing, service level compliance etc) and ensure contractual rights are enforced and mitigate against revenue leakage (e.g. annual RPI increases, minimum revenues etc);
- Support Company Profit Leakage initiatives;
- Support UK&I Public Sector new business initiatives; and
- Ensure Cost Avoidance activity is tracked and managed on a day to day basis.
The role requires strong negotiation skills - both with internal and external stakeholders. The role also requires a solid knowledge and understanding of key contractually issues, strong finance / P&L knowledge based on practical experience, the ability to work in a matrix structure, strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills.
A level of legal knowledge is required in order to provide contract support to the business. The role frequently requires the review of client contracts and amendments against client standard terms and conditions. These reviews form the basis of recommendations to the Public Sector and/or UK&I leadership teams and internal Legal team members. The role will require direct negotiation with clients.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
The role of a Commercial And Contracts Senior Professional requires excellent time and project management skills, in particular to:
- develop and deploy an effective engagement strategy to ensure buy-in and commitment from the Customer, team and relevant Public Sector / UK&I leadership alike;
- work in a matrix organisation, mastering the matrix organisational structure by establishing strong cross-team partnerships;
- Set clear behavioural standards in line with client values; and
- Develop a team culture that rigorously assesses the commercial merit of deals but also one that is supportive and keen to make deals succeed and support sales.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.