SC Cleared Automation Engineer (CSA, SA, OO, DMA)
SC Cleared Automation Engineer (CSA, SA, OO, DMA) required to join a reputable technology company based in Newcastle. This contract will last for an initial 5 months with a daily rate of £320-£342 per day.
An opportunity for a suitably qualified specialist to become a key member of the Automation Team. A hands-on IT team utilizing tools and techniques from the clients Run Book Automation within a Cloud environment. Using common software and design principles with Cloud Server Automation (CSA), Server Automation (SA), Operation Orchestration (OO) and Database & Middleware Automation (DMA).
Our client is entering a new era and benefit from the significant investment in making Erskine one of only two Regional Delivery Centers in the UK.
Our client is looking for Automation specialists who are the technical experts in this technology and those who are currently looking to expand their knowledge and skills.
Core Skills and Experience
- 8+ Years of using Automation Tools to manage Enterprise environments
- 3+ Years of using HP Operations Orchestration (v10.x or later) or similar process automation tool
- 2+ Years of using Automation tools in a Cloud environment, specifically Cloud Server Automation (CSA) and Server Automation (SA) or similar
- 1+ Year of using Database Middleware automation (DMA) or similar
- Ability to understand and execute SQL commands into process flows
- Knowledge of the HP Run Book Automation
- Knowledge of the HP Software ITSM software stack
- Detailed design engineering experience in a mixed environment both physical and virtual
- Provide and document automation process analysis and work flows
- Is able to liaise with the product vendor to escalate support calls and participate in customer forums and roadmap developments.
- Is able to provide 4th line product support to the customers environment; to include in-depth troubleshooting skills and Route Cause Analysis problem solving.
- Demonstrates strong experience of operating in enterprise scale environments managed via the ITIL framework.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, technical and commercial
- Minimum SC cleared and/or willing to undergo DV clearance
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of storage systems like SAN and ISCSI
- Working knowledge of network components Switches, Routers, Firewalls and Load Balancers.
- Working knowledge of basic desktop computer systems, storage, network and interfaces.
- Good understating of network protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, TCP etc..)
- Experience to an expert level in software distribution related technologies to include (but not limited to):
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Desktop computer systems.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Network services and protocols
- Load Balancers
- ESX and Virtual environments (Provisioning, Build).
- Storage systems - SAN, NAS and ISCSI.
- Network components - Switches, Routers, Firewalls and Load Balancers.
- Experience in one or more of the following software distribution toolsets. Experience should include use of such toolset for deployment of operating systems, vulnerability patches and software products;
- Radia Client Automation v9.x
- Microsoft SCCM 2012
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Windows Server Update Services v3.0
- Symantec IT Management Suite v7.x
- CA IT Client Manager v12.x
- Has previous experience of migrating customers either within the same software distribution toolset or across different products.
If this is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance.