SAP Security and Authorisation Analyst
Contract Role - £500 per day
The Functional Analyst (SAP Security and Authorizations) is within the Environment Management Team and is responsible for the analysis, design, configuration and support of the SAP Security and Authorizations area to meet the user access and security needs of client cross divisional back office processes.
The successful candidate will be working closely with our customers and other AMS teams to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance the security roles.
- Provides functional and configuration support in designing SAP authorisations and roles.
- Develops SAP roles and profiles to minimise business risk and ensure clear Segregation of Duties.
- Understands the business processes and applies that knowledge to develop SAP access controls and solve user access problems.
- Understands dependencies and interrelationships between separate functional modules and SAP systems.
- Participates in user access requirements gathering, blueprinting and documentation.
- Proposes alternatives based on best practices across the technologies.
- Assists in training activities
- Assists in initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality.
- Works with the Service Desk and other support teams to facilitate incident and problem resolution.
- Keeps abreast of SAP and other industry security updates.
- Participates in release upgrade or new functionality / enhancement assessments and make recommendations on improvements.
- Takes responsibility for quality of work performed
- Demonstrates an understanding of the relationship of own specialisation to the rest of the department and the rest of the organization.
- Understands and applies Client methodologies and procedures.
- A university degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- An understanding of SAP Authorisation concepts in an Enterprise environment (Single/Composite roles and role derivation)
- SAP security technical skills, covering the main functional areas and Basis components.
- Solid experienced in design and deployment of SAP S&A solutions
- An understanding of key business process risks.
- Awareness of Information Security principles.
- Experience of supporting user access across multiple SAP modules and SAP systems (ECC, BW, SRM, Ariba, Portal, PO, Gateway).
- Ability to coordinate and work with peers and cross functional team (Functional. Developers, BASIS, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a team and independently.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Some previous experience as a consultant or worked in a customer facing environment (Internal or External)
- Exposure to ITIL Framework.
- Experience of SAP BI and BO reporting authorisations
- SAP HCM Security skills, including ESS and MSS
- Experience of SAP BASIS or ABAP development.
- Experience or exposure to IT Governance.
- Experience of working with Internal and External Audit
- SAP security audit skills
- Experience of Active Directory user administration.