Our client, a leading IT Services Provider, is looking for a SAN Storage Engineer to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Newcastle running initially until April 2017.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be SC Cleared or be willing to undergo the processes to obtain clearance.
* Design and configure SAN zones to support servers in the Migration Facility
* Present required LUN's to target servers within the MF
* Design and configure the chosen migration appliance and operate application data migration in conjunction with server move
* Design and configure SAN zones to support legacy storage to migration appliance presentation
* Configure and operate remote copy groups between MF and StoreServ's in CHS to achieve the population of the landing area storage
* Operate 3PAR snapshot's as required to protect the application recovery points and back-out processes planned by the migration method
* Configure and manage TSM backup process to protect servers in the MF
* Add migrated servers at CHS into the new TSM instances for protection following completed move
* General Storage array management, zoning and masking
* EMC Symmetrix DMX3/4 and VMAX Storage presentation skills
* XP/P9500 Storage - Host storage presentation
* 3PAR StoreServ Array Storage management - Port and host storage allocation, Replication configuration
* Cisco and Brocade Fabrics in Wynyard and Doxford - Port allocation and zoning
* Cisco MDS 9513 knowledge - Device manager and Fabric manager experience
* Brocade DCX skills - BNA skills and web tools
* Change, Incident management skills
* Datacentre Experience and general knowledge about cabling switches and arrays
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.