Safety Assurance Manager - Plymouth
A restructuring of the safety support and delivery function of an FTSE 100 Defence Organisation has created an exciting opportunity for safety/quality professionals to help build an effective assurance framework in support of the business.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows
- To lead, manage and develop a team responsible for the provision of assurance that the business remains compliant with regulatory and contractual requirements for the planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of suitable and sufficient safety management arrangements.
- Working closely with key stakeholders, the new Safety Assurance function will facilitate alignment of the Safety Management System with the developing ISO45001 standard, establishing clear ownership of compliance arrangements within the business.
- Designing and implementing an integrated audit strategy, the function will establish clear metrics and reporting criteria, highlighting to the DRDL Board the status of risk management and compliance within their operations and informing decision-making.
- Conduct strategic benchmark audits across the organisation to identify and share best practice.
- To develop and maintain a BMS "road map" evidencing compliance arrangements for statutory and contractual responsibilities in respect of health and safety.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience
- As the leader of this new team you will have the knowledge, skills and experience to grasp the challenge and make an immediate impact.
- A qualified Safety Practitioner and Assurance Manager you will have extensive practical experience of supporting safety improvement within a large, complex business through the design and implementation of effective and efficient management systems.
- You will have a track record of supporting such organisations through the process of Certification to recognised standards.
- Experience of managing safety assurance programmes.
- Thorough understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework for conventional health and safety
- Experience in developing effective safety management systems and undertaking audits against recognised standards
- Experience in successful management of change
- Good communication and influencing skills at a senior level
- Able to develop, lead and motivate a team
- Confident and credible dealing with Regulators
- Minimum HND in an engineering or technical subject
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor qualified
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Development Allowance