Due to a transformation, a world leading Defence Technology & Security Organisation is looking to take on a number of Resource Managers.
The role purpose is to lead and manage the dynamic allocation of resources to meet work demands focused on the 0 to 4 month horizon, so as to maximise resource productivity and implement development plans and enable successful business delivery.
- The role is embedded within a specific Profession with primary responsibility for that Profession's resources (possibly with another RM for a large Profession), but also operates as part of a collaborative RM community and therefore has a secondary responsibility to work across all Professions to support wider business delivery.
- The resources to be managed are all people, facilities, ranges and equipment owned by their Profession team, along with all contractors managed by the Profession.
- Work demands (requests and changes) arise from the business development, project delivery and engineering operations functions across all of the organisation.
- Tactical Decisions: All tactical plans and decisions to direct the allocation (deployment) of all their embedded Profession's resources to meet specific work requests (new and changes).
- Complex Solutions: Managing through negotiation with demand and supply stakeholders the creation of viable multi-disciplinary resourcing solution options to meet complex demand requests with agreed target timescales, collaborating with fellow RMs to integrate resources from across multiple Professions
- Procedure Implementation: Effectively implementing the corporate Workforce & Facility Planning (W&FP) policy and procedures within their embedded Profession, including managing the master schedule system of requests and allocations in association with the corporate processes including achieving the target response timescales at each stage.
- Reporting: Providing the timely provision of accurate resource and governance reporting data and metrics on weekly and monthly basis for management reviews.
- Productivity Improvement: Proactively identify, analyse and highlight constraints and working practices that negatively impact on the flexibility, realisable capacity and productivity of the resources.
- Process Improvement: Proactively identifying improvements to the W&FP processes and toolsets, and when required successfully implementing changes.
- RM Community: Actively collaborate and support other RMs to provide a continuous and resilient resource planning service.
- S&OP Support: Provide support to Workforce & Facility Planning Manager and Supply Managers to ensure coherence of tactical and longer-term resource planning, through the creation and implementation of robust S&OP supply plans.
- Confidence to make complex decisions under uncertainty and pressure
- Leadership ability to ensure that decisions are implemented in accordance with agreed plans and to challenge accepted working practices.
- Exhibit flexible and adaptable qualities to be a high performer in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organisational and communication skills to include a wide variety of different stakeholders.
- Demonstrable negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build strong relationships quickly.
- Able to rapidly assimilate a complex situation, identify and focus on the key issues to achieve a desired business outcomes.
- Demonstrable high level of IT competency including the ability to learn new systems and packages as required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including innovative and creative thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly understand the characteristics of an E&O Profession
- Direct experience of managing and allocating resources in a complex organisation
- Proven experience of interacting with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders including all depths up to senior management level
- Degree level academic qualification (or equivalent experience) in a subject requiring strong analytical, conceptual and organisational skills.
- Desirable - have worked in project delivery or similar.
How to apply
If you are interested and want to be considered for an interview, apply online today!