Our Client is looking for a TAFMIS Report Developer (SC CLEARED) to join their team in on an initial 3 month contract
Security clearance is required for this post.
Our Client is looking for full-time personnel to be located at Ops Branch in Upavon to exploit the information available from TAFMIS in support of business objectives. This includes:
- Production of management information in various forms as required by the business
- Advice on TAFMIS data structures and data quality issues
- Enhancing the applications and implementing data patches as required, addressing specific data quality issues
- Advising on business processes associated with data quality issues
- Maintain a knowledgebase for access by the CUSTOMER
- Providing support to the recruiting and training information cell (RTIC)
- In carrying out these duties it is desirable that the post holder should display a sound knowledge and experience of the Army, including the Reserve, its structures and culture.
- A good working knowledge of TAFMIS and the business processes supported by TAFMIS, Defence and Army data structures and data quality and the interfaces between TAFMIS and TRHJ and JPA.
- Should also be skilled in the use of Business Objects Web Intelligence, Set Analysis, Performance Management and Xcelcius to generate reports and dashboards on behalf of the CUSTOMER.
- Deliverables: regular and ad hoc management information reports, dashboard components, file extracts and other outputs as agreed.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Currently the post carries out the following tasks and responsibilities, in summary:
- Provide routine and ad hoc reports from all available Recruiting and Training databases to assist the authority in its responses to various scenarios, such as:
- Parliamentary Questions (PQ's)
- Freedom of Information requests (FOI's)
- Requests for Information (internal to ARTD and the wider Army and external from other government departments etc.)
- Provide advice on available data and its analysis.
- Provide services to extract TAFMIS data in suitable file formats for use in other systems such as the Land Forces data warehouse.
- Produce routine Performance Dashboards and supporting information.
- Provide historical and background advice on recruiting and training pipelines, their evolution and development, including the supporting Management Information Systems (MIS).
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.