£32,168 - £37,797
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Release Analyst to join a Live Services team within the Home Office, responsible for providing their users with the tools they need to access and engage with services, including a Technology Service Desk, product portals and collaboration tools.
In this role you will manage application, software, hardware, and patch releases into PNCS environment and establish effective use of the service in order to deliver value to the customer and be able to handover to service operations.
You will need to demonstrate within your application the following essential experience.
- Experience in the release processes from development to deployment into the live operational environments.
- Experience of readiness for service activities and managing releases into the live operational environment.
- Ability to manage inter-dependent releases and the consequences of failed releases.
- Proven ability to manage multiple releases in a high pressure and time constrained environment.
- Strong leadership skills, comfortable with managing cross-functional teams.
- ITIL Foundation certification or relevant demonstrable experience.
- Experience in the use of an integrated management tool, ideally Remedy or ServiceNow
- Awareness of Software development lifecycle processes and agile and waterfall methodologies.
Selection Process Details
An initial sift of your CV will be conducted against the Essential Criteria. If your CV demonstrates experience of these essential criteria you will be contacted to arrange a telephone based screen. The telephone screen will further assess your experience against the Essential Criteria and will be carried out by Experis at a time to be agreed with you. If you successfully complete this stage of the process your application will be progressed to the next stage. The applicants with the best skills and experience will be invited to interview, where you will be required to provide evidence as to how you meet the above competencies and technical requirements. Interviews may include an additional assessment exercise or presentation exercise. Please note that your CV MUST demonstrate evidence of the Essential Criteria for you to be progressed to telephone screen and beyond.
For further details and candidate information, please visit the CS Jobs website (www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk). Applications must be made to the CS Jobs website by 11:59pm on Monday 3 September. Any applications made after this time will not be considered. If you require support or would like to discuss how to potentially strengthen your application before applying, please contact Oliver Latus at Experis on 0161 924 1414 who will be able to help you.