Red Hat Linux Engineer
Applies Red Hat Enterprise Linux technical knowledge to solve complex business requirements and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Uses consulting skills including, but not limited to: interviewing clients to understand business needs, developing technical solutions, and working with multiple teams to accomplish project deliverables. Capable of consulting, designing, testing, implementing, managing capability requirements, integration of custom components into varied environments and provision of third level production support using standard methodologies.
- Responsible for client/account interactions as required
- Responsible for producing part or all of the technical solution for the account/client, in accordance with anagreed technical design.
- Responsible to make sure that the project deliverable is completed accurately and on time
- Responsible for escalating the issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties forclarification and resolution
- Responsible for design and engineering of custom Infrastructure solutions based on Linux servers.
- Responsible for communication with the Lead Engineer and account/client.
- Responsible for the engineering of end to end solutions as required
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new/emerging technology
- Responsible for design, development, implementation using the Global Engineering specifications, methodology andpractical application of ITIL practices and processes
Education and Experience Required
- Unix System Administration I and II Certification
- At least 3 years (Specialist) or 5 years (Expert) of experience using, building and maintaining Red HatEnterprise Linux.
- Is able to review and modify Low Level Designs (LLDs)
Basic knowledge of most of the following areas:
- Linux/UNIX based
- Web Server (Sun One, iPlanet, Apache)
- RDMBS (Oracle)
- Application server (Apache, JBoss, TomCat, WebLogic)
- Networking fundamentals
- Load Balancing (F5, Cisco)
- High Availability and Clustering
- J2EE Architecture
- Linux/UNIX Scripting
- Good understanding and basic (technical) knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Veritas Volume Manager and File System management
Applicants will need to have SC clearance or willing to go through the vetting process.
I will be working this role immediately - please apply now so the opportunity isn't missed.