Reactor Fitter (Mechanical or Electrical) - Plymouth
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for a Reactor Fitters to take on permanent positions ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The role is for Mechanical and Electrical fitters to work on reactor systems and equipment that are associated with the power plant for Royal Navy submarines.
You will provide hands on engineering support within a multi-skilled team environment carrying out work on reactor systems and equipment as part of the refits and maintenance of the Royal Navy submarines by removing, installing, repairing and maintaining reactor systems and equipment onboard submarines or in dedicated workshop facilities.
The role will involve the overhauling and installation of a variety of mechanical equipment which could include:
- Control systems
- Fluid Systems (water, steam HP/LP air, hydraulics)
- Air Conditioning
- Valves, pumps, motors etc
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- You will be required to work within the reactor compartments of submarines
- Working within controlled radiation environment using specialist PPE
- Set to work where applicable using approved test procedures and test equipment
- Carry out system and equipment functional tests and surveys
- Work to engineering drawings and technical specifications and procedures
- Operating in a high risk environment you will have a good understating and respect for Health & Safety for yourself and other around you to ensure that everyone goes home safe every day
The successful candidate will display the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Competent in the use of general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role
- Relevant nuclear experience either directly with submarine reactor systems and equipment or within the nuclear power generation industry
- Ideally will have worked in the marine industry with experience of Naval Ships and Submarines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels or large commercial ships. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Indentured Apprenticeship OR Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in a mechanical or electrical discipline
- Suitable to Armed Forces personnel with a mechanical or electrical specialism
What's on offer:
25 days annual leave
Competitive pension contribution
Share Save Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 930 9775