Range Network & Communications Engineer
North Uist, Outer Hebrides
A Range Network & Communications Engineer is required by a prestigious organisation in their North Uist offices.
Based from the Hebrides Range, managed and operated on behalf of the Ministry of Defence, you will assist in delivering complex weapons trials and in-service firings within our extensive deep range and in shore danger areas.
The team provides engineering and systems administration support to enable the conduct of Test, Evaluation and Training missions. The role involves the maintenance, repair and operation, of a broad range of equipment.
As the Range Network & Communications Engineer what will I be doing?
The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be for the development and maintenance of the IT Network infrastructure and server systems. This will involve supporting the development and integration activities associated with upcoming investment projects. In addition, you will be working as part of a team maintaining voice and video over IP services. You will take the lead on a range of tasks and hold responsibility for the task's technical output.
What's in it for the Range Network & Communications Engineer:
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Relocation allwance
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Excellent Salary
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- Excellent Career Development opportunities
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Required skills for the Range Network & Communications Engineer:
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT/Networks professional or a recent computer networking graduate. In this exciting role, you will need to be able to adapt quickly to a variety of technical tasks, learn new skills as required and take ownership of a range of activities. The successful candidate will:
- Hold or be eligible for SC Clearance
- Have an IT background with broad knowledge of IT systems, networks and servers (gained from studies or work based experience)
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Hold or be working towards CCNA would be ideal
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, able to work individually or as a team player with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain accurate and consistent records.
If you have the essential skills and you are a Range Network & Communications Engineer wanting work on highly technical cutting-edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests, then please apply via the link.