This Scientist will participate and guide Analytical & Engineering process development activities, writing protocols, data gathering, and analysis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- This Scientist will participate and guide Analytical & Engineering process development activities, writing protocols, data gathering, and analysis.
- The candidate will be proficient in reporting and presentation of data analysis.
- Candidate will analyse data and provide recommendations on trends, correlations, response variables, DOE's etc in an effort to better understand process interdependencies.
- The candidate will work with and help define analytical and process automation requirements. They will also participate in and guide test method development & transfer, process capability finalization and process transfer to manufacturing.
- The candidate will be the Subject Matter Expert for chemistry material interactions, introduction of new contact lens & solutions materials.
- They will be interfacing with an internal cross functional team while working on these programs.
- Degree in Scientific or Engineering Discipline.
- Specialized Training: Six Sigma Green Belt required and DFSS experience preferred. MiniTab/JMP Statistical software preferred.
- 3-9 years in Engineering, Process Development, and/or Quality Engineering setting.
- Hands-on experience and technical expertise in a development environment a must.
- ISO-9000, GMP, medical device manufacturing experience a plus. Statistical analysis required within a development or manufacturing setting. Experience with high volume and/or high precision manufacturing a plus.
- Computer Literacy with skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access, plus MiniTab, JMP (or equivalent software).
- Experience & expertise in Statistical Analysis including DOE and SPC. Communication, Organization, Report Writing, and Presentation skills a must.
- Must be able to develop working relationships with various internal core competencies and work as a team member.