10 month contract
£450 Max per day
To provide effective commercial support to the operational team(s). Ensure contractual, financial and project commitments are met or exceeded ensuring at all times that company and contract processes and procedures are adhered too with the aim of maximising revenue and profit and reducing project risk.
- Maintain commercial astuteness whilst developing relationships with the operations team, clients and subcontractors.
- Refer to and assist in the preparation and maintenance of the project risk register and management plan.
- Liaise with Project Manager, Engineers and Planners with regard to recovery of contract revenue together with enhancing project profit by identifying, submitting and agreeing variations, delays and claims.
- Apply professional and balanced negotiation
- Advise and prepare terms and conditions for sub-contractors.
- Ensure sub-contractors and suppliers have submitted compliant quotations/enquiries within the timescale required.
- Manage commercial requirements of sub-contractors from enquiry to final account.
- Attend handover and progress meetings (internal and with clients and sub-contractors).
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager to ensure appropriate commercial cover is maintained.
- Produce monthly project financial and forecast to complete reports for analysis in conjunction with the finance team and Commercial Manager.
- Ensure operations team are briefed on the provisions of the main contract and sub-contracts.
- Ensure that site personnel have required documents and are maintaining the site records required to substantiate variations and claim.
- Ensure all applications, variations and claims are assessed, submitted, agreed and paid in accordance with the contract.
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
- Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate evidence of continued professional development.
- Demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Graduate or "graduate calibre"
- Driving licence
- Divisional P& L Finance, Budgeting and contracts costing
- Contract law
- Previous experience in a Finance/Quantity Surveying role
- Contract experience, preparing valuations and claims for clients and subcontractor
- Sub Contract Management
- Cost / value reconciliation